Monday, January 3, 2011

Blogging 101 and Movie Making 101

Welcome to the Wanda the Wonderful Blog.  I'm neither a blogger nor a movie maker -- so please bear with me while I learn about both disciplines.  I am however one of Wanda's many descendants interested in this movie, her life, and in watching my sister Carolyn put it all together. 

Being an avid NPR listener, I'm aware of blogs, bloggers, and the blogosphere.  However, I've always considered blogging and following blogs, to be for people with ample time for both.  Because I'm traveling to Dallas for most of this final shoot (taking time away from my family and job), I will finally have time to explore blogging.   

My knowledge of movie making is equally lacking.  So far, it's been limited to watching many "the making of" special features on DVDs.  I've learned a few basics in passing from Carolyn.  The first was after she worked on shoot with David Bowie.  I naively asked her what he was like and did she talk to him.  And that's when I learned that you "don't talk to the talent."

Carolyn has also clued me into the ten hour work days while shooting, that the call time is the time to start working (not the time to show up), and that Kraft (or is it Craft?) services is food.

So, I'm off to Dallas tomorrow -- where I'll be working hard, enjoying Craft Services, and not talking to the talent.         

No comments:

Post a Comment